Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fashion Sketchbook

This was the first fashion illustration book I ever purchased. It's had it's share of wear and tear over the years and was worth every penny I paid for it. For ages I thought I would be working in the fashion industry and dreamed about being the next David Downton. But I have sense changed gears a bit but still find myself referencing this book constantly.

The book is filled from beginning to end with how to do's and it wonderful especially if you are a beginner at fashion illustration as apposed to life drawing, comic, or manga illustration. They all have their own special "look" and you need to know proportions and techniques as you develop your own style.


I love that the book just doesn't' focus on women's fashion but also kids and men. From posing to dressing you'll get all the know how for all your little or big fashion sketches.

The book also goes over finishing up your sketch with color and details.

And even has guest artists with some of their very stylish illustrations. It really gets you pumped for creating your own style.



I'm thrilled to see that there is now a fifth addition and really really want to purchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment