Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Six by Seuss

It's Dr. Seuss's 107 birthday today! I grew up loving every one of his books. Once a week my mom would take all four of us kids to the library and let us pick out 4 books each. I always had at least one Dr Seuss book in my stack. Maybe becasue I was able to read the fun scrambling and made up words, or maybe it was the super silly images, but more likely it was both. Years later as an adult before I ever started having kids I bought this book. It was a childhood memory I didn't want to let go of. I never owned a Dr Seuss book as a child and I wasn't about to go through my whole life not having a treasury like this. Now with a 4 year old and a 9 month old in the house I happily read them the funny tales in the book as well as other favorites I've added to their library. Happy Birthday to a man that made reading fun and illustrations silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment