Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Train to Glasgow

A good friend got this book for my daughter on her second Easter. My husbands family is from Glasgow so it was a particular joy to see a children's book with Glasgow in the title and it is about a boy named Donald (my husbands name), so I swear this book was written for us. No matter what anyone tells you, trains aren't just loved by little boys. My Emma loves trains and has her own Thomas the Train set. So this book was an instant favorite in our home. It's got wonderfully lively illustrations that go with the rollicking text. Since my daughter loved the book so much I got a second copy for my son when he was born 9 months ago. Because as any mother of boys will tell you, you can find a dozen or more kid books on princesses to every one book that might be appropriate for a boy. An absolute treasure for boys and girls and is best read by my husband with his Scottish accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment