Friday, April 22, 2011

The Tale of Three Trees


Just in time for Easter, this is a wonderful story of the life of Jesus told through the tale of three trees. Each tree has a dream for what they want to be when they grow tall..... and like most of our desires, we may get what we want, just not the way we thought we would get it.

An absolutely beautifully illustrated book and an enchanting retelling of an American folktale. The Tale of Three Trees was the first book I purchased for my children book collection in 1994. I was introduced to the book right before Christmas by my husband (at the time my boyfriend) and he had actually had to force me to read the book. It was an emotional discovery and I just had to go purchase a copy for myself. Like most Christian stories and folktales, you don't have to be Christian to appreciate the message it brings.

A great read for the whole family at Christmas and Easter or anytime you need a reminder to hold on to your dreams because things will work out better than you ever expected in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment