Thursday, April 21, 2011

Naive


Naive was one of those amazing finds in Anthropologie. And for those of you have yet to venture into an Anthropologie then you are really missing a great shopping experience. For some reason some of my most treasured books have come out of this wonderful store.

Naive is 171 pages of pure graphic design heaven. A wonderful look at patterns, typography, and illustrations. From concert posters to fashion advertisements to greeting cards, all done in a very modernism/ folk art approach to contemporary graphic design. No reading, just jammed pack of great works that will inspire your next project or your next 10 projects.I originally purchased the book because of all the wonderful nature and tress with in the first few pages. I love trees and birds so much and there are so many wonderful approaches to both subjects through out the book. The color schemes and different techniques to the same subject make me want to start sketching out my own versions. But in the end I found the book to be more surprisingly packed with great and unusual works that intrigue. I've been introduced to a whole new group of illustrators with gorgeous talent.


I've only given in to letting you see just a few pages of pure bliss, but is a must own book. these images would be hard to seek out by just using google. A book packed with such imagery and imagination should be enjoyed and be an inspiration for young minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment