Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cyrano


Quite possibly the most elegantly illustrated book I own.
I purchase this book 5 years ago in Paris at the Louvre. I walked into a small gift shop filled with books and this one stood out above all others. I just had to have it. Every page I turned made it that much more clear to me how badly I needed this book for my Children book collection. Little did I know at the time I was pregnant with our daughter and in 9 months time begin to share my love for books with her.The only disappointment I have is that I have yet to learn French or have someone translate the book for me so that I can read it to Emma.

Each image in this book is so beautiful and compelling and tells it's own story with every turn of the page.
This glorious book is a wonderful 9 1/2 inches wide and 14 1/2 inches tall and make for a wonderful display in any artistic home.

No comments:

Post a Comment